The borough of Richmond upon Thames in southwest London known for its scenic beauty and historic significance. The borough is located on both sides of the River Thames, covering an area of approximately 57 square kilometres (22 square miles) with a population of around 203,400 people.
Property management in Richmond Upon Thames
We are a Chiswick-based property management company, working with property owners to provide complete solutions for all property matters in many London boroughs including Richmond Upon Thames. Blue Crystal offers professional property management services including:
- Landlord assistance
- Property maintenance
- Expert upgrades
- Regulation management
- Bespoke care
Our team has a proven track record of effectively managing properties across various markets. We take full responsibility for the daily operations of block management, including but not limited to, maintenance, repairs, refurbishment, accounting, and utilities. We offer expert advice on residential leaseholds, alongside other professional services.
Additionally, as a property management company Richmond upon Thames, we provide tailored care for high-end properties with specific requirements, particularly useful for absentee owners who want to ensure their investment is properly maintained and secure.
Main property options in Richmond Upon Thames
Richmond upon Thames offers a diverse range of property options to suit different tastes and budgets. Here are some of the main property types available in the area:
- Period Homes: Richmond upon Thames is home to many beautiful period properties, including Georgian, Victorian, and Edwardian houses, many of which have been carefully restored and modernised. These homes often feature original period details such as high ceilings, large windows, and ornate fireplaces, and offer plenty of character and charm.
- Modern Apartments: The borough has a range of modern apartment buildings, which offer contemporary living spaces with all the latest amenities. Many of these properties offer stunning views of the river and surrounding areas and are popular with young professionals and families alike.
- Townhouses: Richmond upon Thames has a variety of townhouses available, offering spacious living accommodation over multiple floors. These homes often feature private gardens, balconies, or roof terraces, and are popular with families and those who prefer a more traditional style of living.
- Flats: The borough also offers a range of flats, including purpose-built flats and conversions of period properties. These properties are often more affordable than houses or townhouses and are popular with first-time buyers and young professionals.
- Detached Houses: Richmond upon Thames also offers a selection of detached houses, which offer more space and privacy than other property types. These properties often come with large gardens or outdoor spaces, making them popular with families who enjoy outdoor living.
History of Richmond Upon Thames
The borough’s boundaries are formed by the river, which runs through its centre, dividing it into northern and southern sections. In 1965, the borough was formed by merging the historic boroughs of Barnes and Richmond, located east of the Thames in Surrey, with Twickenham in Middlesex.
Richmond upon Thames comprises a range of areas and historic villages including Castelnau, Kew, Mortlake, East Sheen, Richmond, Whitton, Twickenham, Petersham, Ham, Hanworth (in part), Teddington, Hampton Hill, Hampton and Hampton Wick, spanning from north to south.
The history of the area that is now known as the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames dates back to prehistoric times. Archaeological evidence suggests that the area was inhabited as early as the Bronze Age, and there are also Roman and Saxon remains in the area.
What the area is like today
Richmond upon Thames today is a vibrant and picturesque area of London, with a rich history and a unique character. It is known for its beautiful parks and gardens, lively high streets, and riverside walks, as well as its historic architecture and cultural attractions.
The borough is home to many excellent restaurants, cafes and shops, catering to a diverse range of tastes and interests. It is also a popular destination for outdoor activities such as boating, cycling and hiking, with many open spaces to explore.
Richmond upon Thames has a thriving arts and culture scene, with several museums, galleries, and theatres showcasing local and international talent. The area is also home to many festivals and events throughout the year, including the popular Richmond upon Thames Literature Festival and the Richmond Music Festival.
Despite being a popular tourist destination, Richmond upon Thames has managed to maintain a strong sense of community, with many local events and initiatives bringing residents together. The borough also has a reputation for being a safe and family-friendly area, with excellent schools and amenities for children.
Book your 30-minute complimentary property consultation by phone: 020 8994 7327 or email: email@example.com.