Rental property ensure tenancy


It is advised to have a small mortgage on your property to avoid fraudulent transactions such as a tenant taking out a mortgage on your property or selling your property without your knowledge. Once you have a mortgage you would be contacted if someone else tries to sell it or take out a mortgage and that keeps you safe.

There are a few factors to consider when moving abroad and renting your UK home

Gas safety

As a landlord, you must

  • make sure gas equipment they supply is safely installed and maintained by a Gas Safe registered engineer
  • have a registered engineer do an annual gas safety check on each appliance and flue
  • give you a copy of the gas safety check record before you move in, or within 28 days of the check

Electrical safety

You must make sure

  • the electrical system is safe, for example sockets and light fittings
  • all appliances they supply are safe, for example cookers and kettles

Fire safety

You must

  • follow safety regulations
  • provide a smoke alarm on each storey and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance (for example a coal fire or wood burning stove)
  • check you have access to escape routes at all times
  • make sure the furniture and furnishings they supply are fire safe
  • provide fire alarms and extinguishers if the property is a large house in multiple occupation (HMO)

All repairs must be carried out in a timely manner to comply with health and safety regulations and to keep your tenant and your property safe.

How can you tackle home identity fraud?

Please contact Pelin Martin for a 30 minute free property consultation on

+0208 994 7327